Wednesday, December 2, 2009

IMS-Backout required for successfully completed PSB

Problem :

Found that the Application team wanted to do backout for a successfully completed PSB XXXXXX and rerun the step XXXXX of the job, as she wanted to process some records that were rejected by the program.

Solution:
Key points to backout successfully completed IMS Batch job.
1) The DBRC parameter has to be coded as 'C'
2) IMSLOGR should be the log from the program
3) IEFRDER should be the log for backout job
4) BYPASS DD DUMMY
5) SYSIN coded with BYPASS LOGVER

After backout run pointer checker was run against the affected databases and it did not have any issues. The SE restarted the process and it ran as expected.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is absolutely worth to read if anybody comes throughout it. I'm lucky I did because now I've got a whole new view of this. I didn't realize that this issue was so important and so universal. You certainly put it in perspective for me.


    Sherra
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your really good comments. It really motivates me to share my learning's with all.

    ReplyDelete